Thursday, September 16, 2010

happy birthday, mom!

actually, mom's birthday was last friday, but on account of our house being burglarized and my mom having to work, we celebrated today with these babies:


my vegan cupcake spin on hostess sno balls, and a nice dinner out.
these puppies were well TASTY. it was a last minute idea of mine on the way home from work :)
i used a basic [vegan] chocolate cake recipe, adding a half tsp of coconut extract, and then my veganized version of a long passed down family icing recipe with 1.5 tsp coconut extract and .5 tsp vanilla. i accidentally purchased sweetened coconut to dip them in, but that probably adds to a truer flavor to the treat i mused from. it's been so long.... who knows.
anyway, that's about it from me!
i NEED to work on some artwork tonight, but it looks like i'll be doing that tomorrow on my off day instead.
goodnight, lovelies!
xo
L

No comments: